Aquastrap for recess shower tray with Schluter-Kerdi on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My builder is fitting an 1400x900 recess (3 surrounding walls) shower tray. The walls will be tiled, but we will not tile over the shower tray.

As I'm worried about leaks I've asked the builder to install an Aquastrap - although he feels this isn't necessary, compered to using a simple bit of tape in an L shape.

He's also pointed out that it will be hard to ensure pressure on the aquastrap seal on all three walls - he can only guarantee it on two of the tree walls. Does that mean the aquastrap won't work? Should i ignore that and just let him do an L shape tape?

For some background he is fitting Schluter-Kerdi membrane on the three walls, to water proof it. Two walls are dry wall and one wall is brick with rendering.

Sponsored Links
You can build the stud walls to suit the dimensions of the shower tray, ensuring the Aquastrap will have adequate pressure on three sides.

AAMOI: in my opinion, the best type of shower tray to use has fins on say three sides, and the tile comes over the fins. Why not google some pics of this kind of shower tray?

If you go on the Kerdi site or contact them with your shower details it might help you decide?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back