Walkin Shower and Water Splash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our bathroom is long and thin, allowing for a 1400x800 shower at one end. We are looking at fitting a recessed walk in shower, as shown in the attached image.

There will be a single piece, low profile, 1400x800 shower tray in the recess - it's likely the shower tray will still be slightly raised over the main flooring. The main room will be tiles, the shower tray will not.

We'll use an AquaStrap for the three walls, http://aquastrap.com. Which should ensure no leaking.

The opening will have a 800 glass screen, that sits on the inside edge of the tray. That still leaves a 400 opening which water will splash out of. Is there a similar product to AquaStrap, that is a rubber T shape strip and can sit in-between the base of the tray and the tiles, on the under side, to help ensure no leaks? I'd rather not rely just on sealant.

Mark

Sponsored Links
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/191222722003?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Great stuff

reread your OP you got this stuff covered already

I can see how the upstands/aquastrap can work for the three walls. As they are designed to be applied vertically, and for the water to run down them. However in the opening area, they'll be laid horizontally along the floor, underneath the tray and tiles, and I don't know if they are designed to prevent leaks when in horizontal use.

I've updated the image to show the 3 green areas, for the vertical fit; which I know will be ok. Then the red area, indicating the horizontal fit, with the yellow showing the area of concern that will have splash puddles.

All the images only show these products being fitted vertically.

The only thing i can think, to be sure, is to apply a waterproof membrane on the floor under the point of where the shower tray meets the tiles. On which the aqua strap could be placed horizontally. Or is this overkill?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back