Ardex / Cork / Vinyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all, I'm down to the last room on my daughter's renovation project - the kitchen. I'm dry lining the walls on this 100yr old terrace and have removed leaking copper pipes in the concrete floor slab. Also removed the old vinyl tiles, that could almost be picked up and didn't require any effort, which has left a patchy bitumnenous glue layer. When digging out the copper pipes it was clear there's no DPM apart from around 15" around the edges. It's dried up well now.

Short of scraping the bitumen off I was thinking of Ardex NA/DPM1C/NA layers as this seems to be the most talked about solution. Final finish will probably be vinyl sheet flooring, 2.5mm, 0.35mm wear layer.

I've been thinking about this further and would like to put an underlay (suitable for vinyl sheet ) before laying the vinyl, to improve the comfort factor. I had the idea of cork tiles or sheet on top of the DPM1C rather than NA.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I could choose a more expensive vinyl but we've found a terrazzo pattern we like that I can't seem to find elsewhere.

Thanks for your comments in advance, I find this forum very informative although my first post for advice

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back