Latex screed over cork tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.

My kitchen floor is part bare concrete and part quarry tile with cork tiles stuck on top. I am hoping to cover it all with a vinyl sheet.

1. can i latex screed over the whole lot without removing the cork tiles which are very well adhered to the quarry tiles?
or
2. Remove cork tiles and then screed over concrete and remaining quarry tile/ cork adhesive remnant.

The cork tiles have been down for a long time and are proving extremely difficult to remove. will the screed crack if i lay it over the cork?

Thanks in advance......

Sponsored Links
f the corktiles and other tiles are in good, level condition, then have a look at F-Ball Isolator, you can lay that straight over the top of what is there and then lay your vinyl on top, no uplift required.

Sponsored Links
hi all.

My kitchen floor is part bare concrete and part quarry tile with cork tiles stuck on top. I am hoping to cover it all with a vinyl sheet.

Thanks in advance......

Most old quarrys dont have a active dpm under them which with vinyl above could lead to damp problems as floor wont be able to breath with vinyl ontop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back