Tiling over sealed cork tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to tile ceramic tiles in a kitchen. It has cork tiles on concrete. I do NOT want to remove them as they are stuck soundly down....I want to finish before xmas! Any hints for tiling over the top. Is a normal adhesive ok, or should I use a flexible one. Should I pva the cork first??

Sponsored Links
Ooooo that's a new one by me. I'd have to say that you should definitely remove the cork tiles then use a regular powdered adhesive. I would be far from confident in tiling over cork.

I know that really I should be removing the tiles, but there is not even one curled corner..... If anyone else can suggest / advise. I know that they are a nightmare to remove having previously spent well over three hours removing 1m square on a previous project. So the thought of trying to do that on a 11 sq metre room is making me feel sick. Could I not just put thin ply down and tile on to that?? :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back