are electric boilers any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have three bed semi going to be putting in 6 rads with combined output of 14241 btu's . how good are the electic boilers. any one installed or has one.

Sponsored Links
Fine, no issues really. They come in multiples depending on the mfr, like 6kW. (They seem a bit expensive - I mean you could have a row of £6 11" immersion heaters... )
Have used for underfloor where they timed it for off peak. Not sure how successful that aspect was, but it was much simpler than a gas installation would have been.
Expensive to run for a whole house?

No way near as good as gas heated remember you pay for electricity that has used gas to produce it :!:

However in terms of maintenance and reliability they are alot better.
Pete

Sponsored Links
I fitted an Amptec 6Kw heated small flat very well, but don't forget that when not on off peak it will cost around 16p/Kw/hr = 6 x 16 =96p/hr. Work that out over a week :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back