Are there any good quality corner TRVs in the market?

27 Mar 2018
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I am fitting one new towel rail and two normal radiators, in all cases 15mm copper pipes will come out of wall.

Ideally I would like to use corner valves - TRVs and lockshields, as opposed to angled valves, to avoid the TRV protruding too much into the room.

However, all the corner valves I can find seem to be random brands of questionable quality.

Looks like the major known brands like drayton/pegler/danfoss only make straight and angled valves.

Can anyone recommend any corner TRV valves and lockshields that are considered good and will not leak in a couple of years?
Alternatively, any tricks on using angled TRVs in some way so that the TRV head does not protrude too much?
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
An angled valve on a conventional radiator can be fitted with the TRV body and head horizontal and parallel to the wall.

Obviously this will change the flow direction through the valve but these days most TRVs are bidirectional.
Oh that's an interesting idea, wonder how that looks, anyone got pics? I'll look into it, that may be the best solution.

I did find that Drayton makes corner valves after all, pretty hard to find though and cost about £60 each (without the TRV head!)
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local