Are Wagos considered permanent connections on a ring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am doing some work for a mate. I am fitting a new worktop and end panels on a unit.

The work means that a double gang socket on the rear of a cupboard will no long be accessible. Is it acceptable to use Wagos in a chock box (or similar) on the ring in lieu of an "inspectable" socket?

If not, the alternative would be to invert the socket and place it inside the cupboard. It will "never" be used though.

Sponsored Links
The combination of a blank face plate and the back of the kitchen cupboard would surely make it inaccessible for maintenance purposes, and therefore acceptable for practical purposes.

Blup

The combination of a blank face plate and the back of the kitchen cupboard would surely make it inaccessible for maintenance purposes, and therefore acceptable for practical purposes.

Blup

Thanks, but I think he is hoping that wagos/etc are considered to be acceptable. I don't know, so I wanted to check.

Wago connectors are only maintenance free (MF) if they are enclosed in a proper WagoBox. The MF certification is given for the whole assembly of Wago connector + WagoBox.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately Wago and similar connectors in a Generic box are not an approved method for inaccessible joints.

You can use some Wago terminals for inaccessible joints, but only in combination with the appropriate Wagobox (and note that you need the correct combination of Wagobox and Wago terminals). The Wagoboxes have some good points but they can be a bit on the bulky side.

You might also want to consider the Hager/Ashley J803, it's a one-peice box so you don't have to worry about getting the right combination of box and termianls and it's significatnly lower profile than the Wagobox.

Thanks guys, I will look at the Wago box or Hager/Ashley J803

Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back