Are we being to Picky? Problems with New windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been planning to have new windows for a while and have finally gone with a local company who use a liniar frame supplied by a company called Truframe in Leicestershire.
The fitting started yesterday and two windows were put in. To cut a long story short we noticed some chips in the plastic and on closer inspection feel the window is not that well put together.
I don’t think the chips and scratches can be disputed and the owner of the company came around straight away and agreed that this was not good enough and would be put right.
However I am starting to query the overall quality of the joins in the window and would like some advice.
Basically the window has three way joins where I have circled and the plastic is raised and quite rough. The Window manager is saying this is unavoidable on a three way join but I am not so sure. You can also see some chips on this part of the frame on the photograph.
Should I expect these parts to look like this?
Thanks in advance.
join 1.jpg
window.jpg

Sponsored Links
I know how you feel. Had similar issues with my windows. Mine were far better than that though. Crap joints! I even had the window manufacturers warranty guy & sales rep round. They did remiedial work but still not 100% happy. The window manufacturers excuse - "We employ foreign workers & most don't speak English!" How was that my problem!? Anyway, if you think Fensa will help you, they won't. They are on the manufaturers/fitters side (paid for by them!) Get what you can done by the supplier/fitters & then learn to live with it.

I know how you feel. Had similar issues with my windows. Mine were far better than that though. Crap joints! I even had the window manufacturers warranty guy & sales rep round. They did remiedial work but still not 100% happy. The window manufacturers excuse - "We employ foreign workers & most don't speak English!" How was that my problem!? Anyway, if you think Fensa will help you, they won't. They are on the manufaturers/fitters side (paid for by them!) Get what you can done by the supplier/fitters & then learn to live with it.

Please please please don't slate fensa here and please do some research first on what fensa actually do and what they are for, for poor workmanship you need to speak to trading standards, poor sealing up or bad welds or not hoovering up well afterwards are not fensas concerns, they are there as well as certass to make sure the installation meets building regs nothing more nothing less.

It's like ringing gas safe up and complaining the boiler you've just had fitted is scratched!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back