Which UPVC windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 4 quotes for 6 new windows c/w top / side opener and 1 new front door c/w side panel and a composite door, price range is £2700 - £4800.
The frames are Liniar, Rehau, Synseal legend 70, the Liniar come completely made with glass and handles etc, the Synseal is put together locally as is the Rehau. I see mixed reviews for the window frames, seem to be a personal preference. My neighbour got a local company who supplied Rehau frames but he has had to get a quote for new seals, all the locks have just about had it, numerous issues. My question is, is the frame the most important or is it the mechanisms used and the sealed units ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The makes or system company's just make the lengths of plastic, They then sell thing on to factorys who cut, weld, fit hinges handles and gearboxs etc then sell to installers.
All of the major makes are pretty much the same the only differences are the molding and thermal values. So you can go wrong with and of the makes it pretty much down to what you like the look of.

Some factory's will use cheaper hinges, handles and gearboxs than others.

My suggestion would be to find an installer who will do a full 10 year (or more) guarantee on everything. Frames, Glass, Fitting, Hinges, Handles and gearboxs and get it in writing.
There are parts around that come with these guarantees but they cost a bit more and the installer would have to come back out to change any of these bits.

Most company's will have it in there small print that moving parts only have a one year guarantee so stay away from the big national company's.

You want a local installer that comes recommended that you can go and knock on their door if you have a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back