Best composite door and upvc windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Am looking to renew my windows with upvc and front door with a composite door. Feel totally bamboozled with the different makes. Have had 4 very different quotes from fitters etc. The manufacturers include Profile 22 from Heritage Frames, Eurocell, and Whs Halo with a Rock Door.
The guy who is supplied by Eurocell advised that Rehau and Profile 22 were also good makes to go for but not Halo. I'd really like some impartial views.

Sponsored Links
my personal preference is eurocell composite doors and rehau frames simply because the colour match is very similar in the white and the quality is spot on. halo are also good and easier to get a better energy rating because it is a five chamber system but you can get a c rating with rehau

my personal preference is eurocell composite doors and rehau frames simply because the colour match is very similar in the white and the quality is spot on. halo are also good and easier to get a better energy rating because it is a five chamber system but you can get a c rating with rehau
you can get an A rating with rehau.

Hi,
Am looking to renew my windows with upvc and front door with a composite door. Feel totally bamboozled with the different makes. Have had 4 very different quotes from fitters etc. The manufacturers include Profile 22 from Heritage Frames, Eurocell, and Whs Halo with a Rock Door.
The guy who is supplied by Eurocell advised that Rehau and Profile 22 were also good makes to go for but not Halo. I'd really like some impartial views.

I'm also in the same situation. I like the look of the WHS Halo (Rustique) and looked at a couple of samples. But company I'm thinking of using has given me a profile22 sample. It's so much heavier than any other sample I've seen, with really thick metal reinforements in it.

So I'm starting to think profile22 are the best windows to buy because they are built the best. Trouble is, I don't much like the look of them.

Anyone here confirm if the profile22 windows always have thicker reinforcement bars compared with other profiles?

Sponsored Links
Thank you.
Whilst we are on the topic of doors. Can someone advice me whether it is better to fit secondary glazing to my old aluminium double glazed doors for extra warmth OR do I just replace the old patio doors with new PVC patio doors? Is there a real difference in Everest doors compared to other makes like Anglian doors?

zo, try and get a quote from a more local 'smaller' company youd be suprised how much you can save ans still get the same guarantees etc.

There's a lot of hype about getting the best profile on the market!! What point is there in having the best product when there's a chance it could be fitted badly??!! Do your homework on the installation team/fitter. Go with a small local company where you can go and view their recent installations for yourself, they won't have any salesmen, can keep the price reasonable and take pride in their work as reputation is key for them.
My personal views on the doors are

Door stop.... Great doors, great value, finding the gold handles are already tarnishing after 2yrs, the after sales department for an installer is non existent, guarantee varies on hardware

Rehau.... Great doors, good value, hardware ok, 10yr guarantee on all profile & hardware

Profile 22..... Only fitted once, had no problems, can't really comment any further

definately agree withe DH here, the profiles are all pretty good these days (i dont like duraflex!) i can buy whs halo (now owned by veka) from two seperate companies round here, one are really cheap with cheap handles and mechanisms, rushed manufacturing not the best glass or service etc. I can also buy whs halo from my usual supplier who are absolutely perfect, all yale locks nice handles snag service, the list goes on! plus the fitter can make a good frame look cr@p! there are lots of dodgy 'fitters'. i work from reccomends only, see who your friends reccomend

also, my personal opinion is that you cant trust a salesman in this game, they can really mislead you and overcharge, bearing in mnd they get around 10% of the full price, they are also one step in front of you, usually the fitter is the best person to ask questions

Look at solidor for composite doors, great quality

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back