Are you a badge snob?

AdamW said:
Oh dear, I have just found some places that do Skoda tuning. Howsabout the 1.8T Octavia running at 210bhp?

Or a 175bhp Fabia vRS?!

Even a 288bhp Octavia, if you want to spend the money.

Oooooooh dear oh dear! :LOL:

Go to www.Superchips.co.uk for the solution you require. I had my Octavia vRS chipped and together with the K&N replacement air filter the car is transformed. It was already quick, but the chip opens up the performance to what is should have been in the first place, and, as the ECU is modded in the car there is no obvious evidence to show it has been done. The air filter allows it to breath the correct amount of air.
Also have a mate with the Fabia vRS that is also chipped from 130 to 160BHP.........What a car. Only let down by the soft suspension, but that is not a problem to rectify.
Badge Snob..........??????...........Not with the performance I have from my Octavia vRS..I do not worry what people say.As they can only see the back of my car :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Super! I'll have a look now...!

They can give me +30 for 500 quid, making it 140. Guess that is just a chip.

Does seem a lot of money for replacing a chip, but 140 is a nice figure...

The Badger said:
...........As they can only see the back of my car :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Quite possibly sticking out of some other vehicle or wall ;) ....
BTW I have an accquaintance who is a motor insurance claims assesssor ... he will have a check made on the engine management system for 'chipping' in the event of a large claim !! ... be careful out there !!

P

There were warnings on one site I looked at: when they remap the ECU there is a check bit that changes, so it is really just a matter of plugging in a Tech 2 (that's what they're called isn't it?) and checking that.

Would be interested to see what mods on a Skoda do to the insurance costs.

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
The Badger said:
...........As they can only see the back of my car :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

he will have a check made on the engine management system for 'chipping' in the event of a large claim !! ... be careful out there !!

P

PIPME:- I do have ACII behind my name, if you are not sure of its meaning then please ask your assessor friend. Also can I please ask what the speed limits are in Uvea or Alofi???????

ADAMW:- Look for FIREBOND PLC for insurance. They insure these type of cars at normal premiums, and they are members of The General Insurance Standards Council.

SECURESPARK:_ Please give me you e-mail address and I will put you in touch with a discount price.

I would add that I am nothing to do with Superchips or Firebond Plc and have no interest with them.
Must go now as just in from work, driving an unmarked Omega around the motorway's, well, unmarked apart from blue lights behind the front grill and horns that make different sounds when chasing speeding Octavia vRS's...........PMSL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ah brilliant! What's the fastest you've chased someone?

Always looks like a great job to do, plus when you see wallies on the road you actually get to stop them and tell them off. Great stuff.

Wouldn't want to do the "clearing up" though :confused:

AdamW....Go to www.auto-amd.com and you will see that the 1.8turbo from the Skoda vRS can be taken up to 480 BHP.Now that is serious horse power!!!!!!

How fast have I chased someone...........ON FOOT???????............LOL

Not the place to talk about it...Shame there is not a personal message facility on this forum, then I could get your e-mail address, and answer certain questions.

Hi Badger

Look in my profile for my e-mail address - just click anywhere you see my screen name in blue.

The Badger said:
Not the place to talk about it...

Perhaps you could contribute to the "annoying driving habits" thread...

39) When you are chasing bank robbers on the M1, and they decide to drive down the hard shoulder at 140mph and throw one of their gang at you "cos ee's a nonce, 'e 'ad it camming". ;)

Sponsored Links
Back