Are you a morning or evening person?

Yeah it's one of those things where there are no hard and fast rules, although broadly I think folk fall into one or other category.

I find I do have a strange tendency to have several nights of a good night's sleep, maybe too much, then I have a restless night. This morning/last night, was one of those restless nights. I am due a phone appointment, so needed to be up anyway, but I was still awake at 4am, with the alarm set for 7:30. At 4am, I got up, put a waiting load in the washer, made a slice of toast and a glass of milk, then managed a couple of hours sleep.

Sponsored Links
Late nights for me. Not a morning person at all which is very annoying when having to get up for work.

I find I do have a strange tendency to have several nights of a good night's sleep, maybe too much, then I have a restless night. This morning/last night, was one of those restless nights. I am due a phone appointment, so needed to be up anyway, but I was still awake at 4am, with the alarm set for 7:30. At 4am, I got up, put a waiting load in the washer, made a slice of toast and a glass of milk, then managed a couple of hours sleep.
Subconsciously or otherwise your phone app was maybe on your mind. During the week I burn the candle both ends, need to be up 8ish for work but still sit up late. Have always been that way. However every so often, my body says 'enough is enough' and I have one or two nights where I hit the sack a bit earlier to recharge. On your point, if I have something happening in the morning e.g. delivery expected or need to be somewhere early, I often wake up early hours and then struggle to sleep, so I sometimes elect not to bother (trying to get back to sleep) and will watch YT vids or whatever until time to get up.

if I have something happening in the morning e.g. delivery expected or need to be somewhere early, I often wake up early hours and then struggle to sleep, so I sometimes elect not to bother (trying to get back to sleep) and will watch YT vids or whatever until time to get up.
I am absolutely terrible for this, and lose lots of sleep because of it.

If something is on my mind (a current project, problem at work, issue, whatever...) then bed time is the only chance I get to think it all over. I then lose hours of sleep. Recently my young son has been waking up at 3am/4am and on occasions I've put him back to bed and then got up for the day. Early night that night, mind!

Sponsored Links
Evening person.

But then I regret missing "the best of the day".

Get up 3 or 4 mornings a week for an early swim at local pool up at 6 in the water 6.30, in the summer sometimes go down to the beach for a swim before it get busy, early on best time little or no wind, usually about 5,30 swim change and have flask of coffee, then home to a nice shower and breakfast, drop off at about 10/10.30 pm unless something is really good on tv, at the mo recovering from knee replacement so no swim and lie in till 8

While most genes that modern humans gained through ancient interbreeding have been weeded out by evolution, a small fraction remain, most probably because they helped early modern humans adapt to the new environment when they left Africa for Eurasia.

“By analysing the bits of Neanderthal DNA that remain in modern human genomes, we discovered a striking trend,” said John Capra, an epidemiologist at the University of California in San Francisco. Many of them affected genes that govern body clocks in modern humans, he said, in most cases “increasing propensity to be a morning person”.

The Guardnia

The early bird caught the mammoth, apparently.:mrgreen:

Putting aside having to get out of bed early (e.g. for work) and thinking about when you more naturally want to get up and go to bed, would you class yourself as a morning or evening person? Examples, a morning person might quite happily get up between 6am - 8am but come 9pm-11pm they need to hit the sack. An evening person might quite happily get up between 10am-12pm and might not need to hit the sack until after midnight even into the early hours.

I'm definitely more of an evening person. When I'm off work I'm rarely up before 11am however I'll stay up until 1am-3am.
What sort of stupid question is that this time of morning?

Sponsored Links
Back