How do you get front of a queue for a server??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Travelodge have got a £10 offer on per room and this sale started at 6am this morning so I was up early and got the pc ready at 05.50.

Sat there until it was 6am and tried to get on the travelodge server for 45mins before I left for work it was still busy and now when I come home where I wanted to go was sold out.

This also happened a couple of years ago when I was after Oasis tickets you could either order online or phone ...the tickets went on sale at 09.00 so I had pc ready , land line and mobile....but all I got on pc was server busy and phone lines busy ....next thing sold out!!!!!!!!

Is there a way to get in the first 20 or even 50 or is it just bad luck?

Sponsored Links
They probably had one room for £10, and the rest at higher prices. I bet you would have been ok if you were selecting a £50 / night room :(

Travelodge have got a £10 offer on per room and this sale started at 6am this morning so I was up early and got the pc ready at 05.50.

Sat there until it was 6am and tried to get on the travelodge server for 45mins before I left for work it was still busy and now when I come home where I wanted to go was sold out.

This also happened a couple of years ago when I was after Oasis tickets you could either order online or phone ...the tickets went on sale at 09.00 so I had pc ready , land line and mobile....but all I got on pc was server busy and phone lines busy ....next thing sold out!!!!!!!!

Is there a way to get in the first 20 or even 50 or is it just bad luck?
This happens EVERY year when Travel Lodge have their £10 a room sale. Their systems cannot cope with the massive hit. The only way I can see you 'jumping the queue' is by having a friend/relative work there and making a booking for you.

Sponsored Links
Somebody actively WANTS to stay at Travelodge? I thought the only people that stay there are employers wanting to devalue their employees, or travelling salesmen (do they exist? when the internet does that job for them?)

Somebody actively WANTS to stay at Travelodge? I thought the only people that stay there are employers wanting to devalue their employees, or travelling salesmen (do they exist? when the internet does that job for them?)

Mickeymoody..........I know not my first choice of hotel but in the past I have booked into expensive hotels and due to the amount of time I spend there it is not value for money.....ok if you hang around thehotel all day but i only use it to sleep/shower in, also money these days is in short supply so its a cheap break or stayat home :cry:

Mickeymoody..........I know not my first choice of hotel but in the past I have booked into expensive hotels and due to the amount of time I spend there it is not value for money.....ok if you hang around thehotel all day but i only use it to sleep/shower in, also money these days is in short supply so its a cheap break or stayat home :cry:

No no, you are right, I'd probably have gone camping though.

Went to Holland once for a weekend and stayed at a Holiday Inn. Very reasonable at weekends, considering what they charge during the week for business people.
Stayed at a Premier Inn , in Basildon once, whilst shopfitting,, Travelodge was luxury compared to the Premier Inn there. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back