Ariston 1600 W - leaking from underneath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ariston washer /dryer bought in March 08 is leaking from underneath. Does anyone have any clues at to what the problem might be, please?

Sponsored Links
try over in the appliances section, they might have a better idea.

that said, and just throwing ideas out there it might be a hose come loose, the pump knackred, the lint trap not tightened properly, a leaking seal, a dodgy solenoid to name but a few..

only way to find out is to strip it down and have a look.. but check the inlet hosest ( tight and not split ), drain hose ( not blocked or split ) and lint trap ( not full, tight, emergency drain hose etc ) before resorting to stripping it down.

's funny how most appliances leak 'from underneath'......

It's probably a 'gravity thing'.....

POD, you've just been asking me to acknowledge on the cooker thread that you were the first to help the OP.

Now, you may be in a bad mood, but your post here is less than helpful.

Sponsored Links
And neither is it harmful or malicious in any way. It's just mild humour, that's all. What on Earth is wrong with you?

Coljack has already answered this post in a very complete and helpful manner. There's nothing else to be said to an O/P who says that an appliance has sprung a leak. There's no magic wand that can be waved over the internet. It needs looking at.......

Lucia.

Hey, I'm not too big not to apologise. I thought you were being mean. I can see however that the OP has thanked you for your post, so I assume she is not upset by your comments!

Sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back