Ariston 23 MFFI low pressure and leak problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be grateful for any advice on problem with Ariston Microgenus 23 MFFI (combi boiler)!

There has been a dripping leak intermittently and the initial pressure before the CH comes on is now down to under 1/2 bar. It goes up to almost 1 bar once the heating has been on. It's cut out a few times but (so far...) it's managed to get going once I've pressed the reset button.

I called out a gas engineer who advised that it won't refill properly because there's a leak (possible corrosion due to hard water) on the filling loop - it seemed to be on the left hand valve. He advised I should either try to source a replacement part (which he said would be about £200) or that it may be due to a problem with the expansion vessel, in which case it might be worthwhile replacing the boiler (I think it's about 10 years old). Also, the filling loop has apparently been fitted awkwardly, so it's hard to turn one of the screws to refill it, which was another reason the engineer said it might just be worthwhile getting a new boiler.

I just looked online for a replacement filling loop and it seems to be £5-£6!!

I don't think the engineer was saying this to try to get more work, but I don't know if I can really trust his advice having seen the price of the replacement loop - but it may be that I've misunderstood and that's only one component of what would need to be replaced.

Sorry for long rambling query! Any help would be great!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back