Ariston A1234 UK Margherita Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine has been working normally until today when the drum wouldn't turn on any wash cycle, I turned it off at the mains, reset it etc as per the manual, it seemed to work OK, until it came to the spin cycle. When it spins the drum spins OK, but it is very, very noisy, a sort of clunking, rattling sound. I've had the back and top off, but can't see any thing obvious, any ideas?.

Sponsored Links
oh dear . bearings gone and thrown the belt off .expensive :eek:

I thought that might be the problem, however the belt is still on. When I open the door and move the drum backwards and forwards, I can hear something hitting the drum on the top left hand side, I couldn't see anything when I took the top off.

Sponsored Links
quite posible something stuck in the element , take the sump hose off for a look, or a 150w portable light inside the drum to have a look might show something. worth a go if it is about to become scrap metal
Rocks probably right though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back