Ariston a23 Combi Boiler not igniting for ages

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping for some help as funds are very limited and can't afford to continue to hit and miss guessing from a couple of plumbers.

Boiler: Ariston a23 Combi Boiler.

The original and only fault was the boiler wouldn't heat the water (if the boiler was just set to hot water) plumber diagnosed a faulty diverter and replaced.

Once replaced the water did heat but I noticed while he was there that the time the boiler cook to ignite the pilot light was longer than normal.

He then said oh that's normal.

Over the space of a week it's got worse and worse to the extent that pilot light won't ignite for upto 2-3 mins once you turn the hot water on.

Plumber has now got out of his depth and is getting a friend of his who 'knows ariston boilers' to make contact as he doesn't want to buy the wrong bit.

I must stress that before and during the original fault the boiler would ignite within 2-3seconds of the fan/pump noise starting so in my opinion I can't see it being anything but what the original plumber has done?

Any help or guidance would be fantastic.

Sponsored Links
Hoping for some help as funds are very limited and can't afford to continue to hit and miss guessing from a couple of plumbers.

Boiler: Ariston a23 Combi Boiler.

The original and only fault was the boiler wouldn't heat the water (if the boiler was just set to hot water) plumber diagnosed a faulty diverter and replaced.

Once replaced the water did heat but I noticed while he was there that the time the boiler cook to ignite the pilot light was longer than normal.

He then said oh that's normal.

Over the space of a week it's got worse and worse to the extent that pilot light won't ignite for upto 2-3 mins once you turn the hot water on.

Plumber has now got out of his depth and is getting a friend of his who 'knows ariston boilers' to make contact as he doesn't want to buy the wrong bit.

I must stress that before and during the original fault the boiler would ignite within 2-3seconds of the fan/pump noise starting so in my opinion I can't see it being anything but what the original plumber has done?

Any help or guidance would be fantastic.
hi daz process of elimination matey,fan on makes airpressure switch,hot tap on makes flow switch dhw microswitch,ignition and gas on,etc,not sound like he knows what he doing,get a gas safe engineer to look not a plumber,regards robert gas safe engineer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back