ariston euro combi a23 mffi boiler

atr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have Ariston euro combi boiler A23 Mffi i have hot water and no heating the pump runs for about 30 seconds and then it shuts down and the boiler is gurgling can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like no pressure or air in boiler.

Is it at about 1.5 Bar?

Tony

Thanks for your reply Tony the pressure is at 1.5 bar i bled the boiler the heating came on and ran for about a half an hour but as soon as the hot water was used the red light came on. the pump is getting very hot.
would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Did you bleed the pump?

It sounds as if its either overheating or a combustion fault.

Does the book say the overheat gives the same indication as the ignition failure?

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you add/drain water from the system, does the gauge actually move?

yes the gage does move we have had the heating wirkung but as soon as you turn on the hot water tap it goes off and the red light comes on

Can you watch the flame at the point when the boiler changes from heating to hot water delivery?

Tony

Hi Tony it's running for about 1 minute and then shutting down no hot water or heating now, i think it might be the ignition .
Have called an engineer coming tomorrow but thanks very much for your help.
Austin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back