Central Heating Turning Off Automatically AAARRGGGGGHHHHH

could be pcb, bad electrical connection, flow switch, diverter to name but a few.
time for an RGI, will be cheaper than changing your boiler part for part.

also the fan and pump are both running constantly when central heating is turned on

for how long?
flame or no flame?
the flame runs and i can hear the pump, im not sure if the fan is running continously
but the flame comes on, heats the water to the specified temperature set( dosnt affect what this is)
then the flame goes out to just pilot, the pump carries on running
and the central heating stay on till the water goes cold
the pump is running properly
the problem i think is a sensor that is supposed to switch the boiler back on when the water becomes cold
but it dosnt come back on

Sponsored Links
could be pcb, bad electrical connection, flow switch, diverter to name but a few.
time for an RGI, will be cheaper than changing your boiler part for part.

also the fan and pump are both running constantly when central heating is turned on

for how long?
flame or no flame?
the flame runs and i can hear the pump, im not sure if the fan is running continously
but the flame comes on, heats the water to the specified temperature set( dosnt affect what this is)
then the flame goes out to just pilot, the pump carries on running
and the central heating stay on till the water goes cold
the pump is running properly
the problem i think is a sensor that is supposed to switch the boiler back on when the water becomes cold
but it dosnt come back on

what is the air pressure switches job? and also the flow switch's job?and what is an RGI
if you mean corgi registered enginner, i have had one out he says it could be the air pressure switch

did he test it?? the flow switch, is what it is. It picks up the flow of water.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back