Water not heating consistently

Sponsored Links
Thank youu for your support.

I appreciate you helping me out here.

A one parent Daddy to two daughters, who doesn't need this problem right now, so all the advice and support has been deeply appreciated.

With all your expertise passed on, I feel I can complete this job. Hopefully the cleaning will do it. If it doesn't then at least I know I tried.

Thanks All! ;)

Thanks MeldewsMate.

So I feel I can do it. I presume the order to fix this situation is to:-
• Turn of the electrical source.
• Drain the system.
• Remove the DHW heat exchanger.
• Clean throughly.
• Reinstall DHW heat exchanger.
• Fill system to correct pressure.

Is there anything else I should be doing or looking out for please?
For drain the system, you can get away with isolating the boiler only and just draining that. Then you have less fresh water to add. You do have to take a look at the valves first, if they haven't moved for a long time they can leak afterwards.
If you do drain the lot, you'd need to add fresh inhibitor to prevent corrosion in the system. Even if you don't, is a good idea to keep the strength up.

Thanks.

Not too sure on how to drain just the boiler.

The only way I know how to drain the system will be emptying it from the hallway rad, so it can drain into a set of bowls outside lower positioned. So it will be a complete system drain.

I will add in some inhibator on refill.

Sponsored Links
Happy New Year to you all.

What a fantastic start to the new year!!!
I have drained the system, removed the exchanger and left it soaking with the SoS.
It has come up like new!
I put it all back together and refilled the system to check it all works.
IT DOES!!! BRILLIANTLY!!
The hot tap is flowing like it should with lovely controllable HOT water!!

;):) I can't thank you all enough! :);)

I have been given some central heating cleaner, so I will add that to the system and then flush, refill with some inhibitor.
It is a system with 2 small rads, 2 large rads and 1 double large rad, so how much inhibitor is needed to be bought to add to the sytem please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back