Ariston boiler - pilot light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some rain get into the cupboard where the boiler is and now it seems the pilot light is not coming on. It's chugging away but does not click on and make the usual sound for a bit and then shut off again like it usually does. Sorry I don't know what the model number is, our landlord is also based in South Africa so can't get a response from him. I know it's only about 4 years old if that helps? I've turned of the system because all it seems to be doing is humming away and not heating up the water. I've pressed the reset button with no luck. There are two other buttons, on the thing, but who knows what they do. Any advice or should I just call British Gas?

Sponsored Links
As a tenant if you are up to date with the rent then you should expect hot water.

I dont see why you cannot contact the landlord. Give me his name and town in SA and I will give you his telephone number.

If you really cannot find him then you will have to call someone to fix it.

A good independent is likely to be better, cheaper and quicker to respond than BG. However finding one might be more difficult.

Tony

I have a local person in the neighborough which I call for problems on behalf of my landlord - just thought it might be easier if I could fix myself.

Sponsored Links
....lucky I haven't got any hot dates tonight because I certainly won't be having a shower soon....

jojobailey said:
....lucky I haven't got any hot dates tonight because I certainly won't be having a shower soon....

In that case you will probably need your only option of a cold shower then :LOL:

I am out to my friends house in Chelsea shortly and will be dancing until late there.

But then my boiler is working and even if it didn't I would just fix it!

Tony

Thanks for enlighting me on what your plans are tonight....so you doing ballroom dancing or breakdancing with your mate? My bets on ballroom, probably practicing your waltz as we speak

He has got a Kingfisher 100 which is a bit mean for a house worth about £4M.

House next door has two Ecotecs.

Just four houses down the road John put in a £380,000 system last year. But he never showed that one to me.

Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agile wrote

Quote:
Just four houses down the road John put in a £380,000 system last year.
what kind of system was that then tony, new air traffic control for heathrow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back