Ariston boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What pressure should an ariston combi boiler run at when heating is on. When it is off it is between 1.2 and 1.5 but when the heating is on it goes up to 2.0. Is this ok

Sponsored Links
Yes.

The water in the system expands when hot and because it's in a closed system the system pressure will rise. Any over pressure, in excess of 3.0bar (usually) is protected by a pressure relief valve.

Thanks tipper that helps as it usually ran at 1.5, only I have the same problem ongoing with my 6 month old Ariston that other people seem to have with the dropping pressure. I have together with the installer done most of the checks that have been suggested ie overflow pipe etc and have only found one thing that comes under suspicion, that is one radiator has a couple of drips when the rad is been cold. Would this small amount be enough to cause this. I appreciate there would be some evapouration when the heating is on. What do you think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back