Ariston Clas HE R - Error 101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler was working fine. 2 weeks ago I drained down the system and replaced all radiators in the house. Refilled system from the FE tanks. Bled radiators downstairs first then upstairs, more water into system and rebled again. Lockshield valve open all the way on all the radiators as panning to balance later.

Turned boiler on, it runs for 30 seconds can hear water coming down the pipes into the boiler then shuts down and displays Error 101. I have reset the boiler a couple of times but still the same result.

Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
I’m guessing it’s an overheat lockout. Did you bleed the circulator (aka pump)? Check the f&e tank to ensure water is in it. Does the zone valve move?

If you can hear water running through pipes, it suggests there's a lot of air in them.

Why do people feel the need to tell us "boiler has been working fine..."?
It's like going to a tyre repair place and saying this tyre has been fine for the last 8,000 miles until I ran over a nail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back