Ariston Dia 27

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a problem with the above boiler in that it wont start. When it starts (its an intermittent problem) it runs fine.
It will then not start and needs resetting and then works for a period.
Its had a new bellows, drain tap & overpressure valve.

What else could be causing this?

Pressure valve???

Sponsored Links
What happened to the Suprima you asked about before?

Are these not your boilers at all ?

Are you trying to repair them for customers?

ah ha, lol, no. its my parents boiler that they have had many services from a number of different so called engineers. i really do wonder how many of these people keep earning money.. i reckon i could do a better job to be honest.
i assume then apart from a service then no-one has any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It is not a question of idea, more knowledge of why the spindle is not retracting. And THAT is what would have been attended to during the service.

A common response from some newby customers who get their appliance serviced like your parents have been getting is 'last guy never opened that' or 'last guy did not do that!' when the job is done properly

Check the Gas Safe card front and rear before you get someone to fix the boiler. It does not end there- you need someone who repairs boilers as well as fits them. Fitters who only fit boilers, do not need to know how the boiler works, so might not be able to fix the boiler.

ok, so another service then??? as per my boiler the problem was the gas valve and was diagnosed online very easily. i guess these aristons are not so simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back