Ariston Diverter Valve Bug

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi!

I have an "Ariston Genus Premium 24" wall-hung condensing gas boiler.
It's 4 years old and 95% perfect.
A few months ago a leaking appeared to the diverter valve motor and some buzzing noise came from there.
First I replaced the motor and the O-rings on the valve itself.
Then it was not leaking anymore but the CH is getting hot when using the DHW.
I replaced also the valve itself completely (pic #3) but the CH pipes still gets warm.
I check the electric aspect, its working, the motor is switching between the 2 end states.

Do you have any idea what could go wrong?
It's strange that replacing the complete valve section didn't solve the problem.

On the attachment #5 I made a picture of the house from above where the valve goes into.
It looks okay to mee, no damage, its clean.
How (where) can the HW get to the CH system...? Only here?
There is a strange little hole on this picture marked with red.
I dont know why but I guess it was there too when the boiler was perfect...
I made a video as well...

Thanks in advance for any idea, help!

BR,
Cortez

1 - inside.JPG 2 - scheme.JPG 3 - valve.jpg 4 - valve draw.PNG 5 - house.jpg

Sponsored Links
This unit not available in the Uk so, difficult to look at any manuals.
At a guess... anyway an internal bypass could be dumping heat into the heating circuit perhaps?

in your first picture it is obvious that the diverter valve cartridge is leaking and this will have damaged the actuator (what you call the motor) when replacing the cartridge it is common for parts to break up and fall into the housing, remove the actuator and make sure that it is actually motoring in and out just because you have voltage does not mean that it is working, note it does not motor in you will have to push it in with a screwdriver as the spring in the cartridge pushes it back

At the end I replaced both the valve and the motor as well.
I checked it outside before install them into the housing and they worked properly.
Is there any other path then the diverter valve?
This hole marked with red on the last image about the housing is normal?

I have the user manual if needed.
Say which part do you need and I attach it.

Sponsored Links
Hi!

Just reporting to share the "happy end" as well:
Yesterday I succeded to fix the problem finally.
I had to add a few mm to the shaft and now it's working perfectly.
I don't get it why it wasnt working with the brand new valve + motor combo but that's life. :)

Thanks and cheers!

Where did you get the motor? Although these motors appear the same the stroke length of the pin varies slightly between variants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back