honeywell CH valve leaking after motor change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,my CH stopped working so i changed the motor on my 2 port honeywell valve.

CH works fine now but the valve does not close fully now and leaks a bit when the CH is off and cools down,does not leak when CH is on and heating the house.
Did i miss something when i replaced the motor as no leaks before i changed it out.[hard to see where the leak is coming from exactly but deffo not the nuts that connect the valve to the pipes]

I cant remember but should the lever be set in a certain position before swapping,power was turned off to replace motor.
many thanks with any ideas

Ive got a new motor and will change tomorrow to see if it stops the leak,if not then its a full flush and change the whole valve.

PS: the complete valve was changed about 2 years ago

Sponsored Links
Replacing the syncron motor shouldn't cause a leak. Do you have the version where the whole actuator head can be replaced without draining? (Raised round dimple on the head). If so remove the head from the body and check the spindle for leakage. If you have the old non removeable version then it is probably leaking from seal between the head and the body.

Sponsored Links
latest update,so this morning i shut down the CH,when it cooled down i got the drip again,i took of the excisting motor and the drip stopped :eek:
i rewired and put a new motor in and it started dripping again so must be the valve not closing properly,i hit the valve a couple of good whacks with a hammer and guess what,it hasent dripped since,althought im keeping a close eye on it,so hopefully it was only a bit of grit or something that somehow got into the valve and the whack knocked it loose.
fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back