Ariston Euro Combi Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston Euro Combi Boiler and I am having trouble with the Hot water. When the water flow is small i.e. tap half open, the water gets very hot as it always has done but when the taps are fully opened the water is only lukewarm. The system was drained about a month ago and a new pump fitted. Inhibitor is all up to date and always has been. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You dont say anything about the boiler's history!

Has a competent CORGI ever checked all the gas settings?

The obvious thing might be a partially blocked calorifier.

I have this suspicion that the replacement of the pump is a clue to the problem! Was this suggested by an incompetent person as a cure for the problem or was it damaged by dirt in the system?

First we would need to know that the flow rate is within the capabilities of the boiler. How many litres per minute are you expecting it to heat?

Tony

Firstly thanks for your reply. Secondly in my haste to post my problem I said the pump was replaced whereas it was actually the fan !! Thirdly the boiler history: It was installed new 6 years ago by a CORGI. It is serviced every year. The fan was replaced by a CORGI. The hot water problem has only just occured. Have been happy with the hot water flow rate until now. Forgot to mention that the central heating is working as well as ever.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
First we would need to know that the flow rate is within the capabilities of the boiler. How many litres per minute are you expecting it to heat?

We still need to know that!

When you have told us that I may ask you to measure the resistance of the sensors.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back