Ariston Eurocombi A23MFFI Hot Water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston Eurocombi boiler A23MFFI with hot water problem. The problem started if you selected hot water only, there wouldn't be any hot water coming out of tap. If you selected central heating and hot water, the hot water would work fine. It then got worse, no hot water with either selection. I got an engineer out and he said it was the diverter valve. The pin in the valve is not coming out enough to engage the micro switch. He changed the valve, and now the pin is engaging the micro switch but the water goes hot and then the boiler shuts down too quickly, he then changed the temp. sensor on the diverter valve but with nothing changed. Now he tells me it could be the pcb. Can anyone help please.
One thing I noticed after the diverter valve was changed, the boiler is noisy every time it starts, for about 5 to 10 secs only.
By the way central heating works fine apart from the noise mentioned above.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.
I understand from reading similar problems in the forum, there may be 2 heat exchangers for this boiler. So which one is likely to be the partially blocked one.
Does anyone have a service manual for this boiler, if so, could I please get a copy by email. Many thanks

Its the plate HE at the back low down.

You can confirm that its blocked because the temperature differential across the boiler in DHW mode will be too high. It should only be about 15-20°C if its clear.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony for your reply. Any chance of a copy of the service manual please.

From memory the secondary HEX is the grey cylindrical object that butts up to the diverter valve.. Sounds like it has a blockage in it as has already been said.

I think its a plate on this model!

There are about eight different boilers each called Eurocombi !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back