Dhw problem with Ariston combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a problem with my Ariston EuroCombi SX20 MFFICE combi boiler. The boiler does not fire up when turning on the hot water taps, the central heating works fine, and I have to switch the central heating on when I want to get hot water from the taps. I have recently had a few problems with the boiler and as such, I have had the fan, diverter valve and pressure relief valve replaced.
Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be diaphragm on diverter valve, or could be DHW microswitch. Remove micro switch turn hot tap on. Can you see pin extending? Gently push a small screwdriver into microswitch, does boiler fire up for hot water?

Do you think it could be a bad diaphragm on the diverter valve, even though it is a new part?
Where would I find the microswitch?

The microswitch is on top of the diverter valve. Once removed you will be able to see if pin is moving. If it looks ok then it would seem that there is no problem with diaphragm.

Sponsored Links
I can see the pin without removing the microswitch, so I just tried turning the tap on and the pin raises up and makes the switch. So the diaphragm is ok?
There is actually 3 microswitches all on the same block and the pin raises up and pushes the middle one. I tried making the other two switches with a screwdriver, and if I make the switch on the left the boiler fires up! What would these other two switches be for? I cannot see anything there that could make them. Is it possible when the diverter valve was changed that the plumber put the connections to the microswitches on the wrong way around?

I think there should be a small metal or plastic 'plate' that bridges across all three.

I am no expert on these but this plate is definately there on the parts breakdown diagram I am looking at, but it does not give me a part no :rolleyes:

Could be your fitter missed this out or lost it :mad:

Absolutely spot on gas man!
The plate is missing, my fitter must have lost it when replacing the diverter valve. Just noticed the joints on the new valve are leaking aswell. Hmm not happy.

Thanks very much for your help.

Just wondering how much would a new microswitch set me back? Not much I would have thought. I have wedged a piece of plastic in there for now, and it is working but for how long I do not know.

It's not the microswitch you want, it's the black plastic T shaped part which makes all three operate at once.
Part number 569384
Called a "pushing cap" partscenter have them in stock at what seems a silly fiver or so - but there you go.

http://www.partscenter.co.uk/hrpc/default.html

Cheers Chris I could not find this listed on Parts Arena for a part no, only a piccy on the breakdown.

Where did you find this?

There is nothing very clever with that pusher!

You could probably make up something from an old chopstick or similar with a 2 mm hole drilled half way through in the middle to lodge on the pin!

Tony

I have wedged a piece of plastic in there for now, and it works a treat.
Found two loose fittings on the diverter valve and one on the pressure relief valve. Fitter couldn't have tightened them properly. Dogged these up, and now the boiler is like new! No leaks and boiling hot water.

Cheers fellas

Yes it's on Partsarena, but they don't show the clip which holds the microswitch assemly onto the DV. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back