No hot water from Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Ariston EuroCombi styx sx 20 mffice, Combi boiler.

Yesterday the central heating was working fine, but there was no hot water.

I have noticed that there is no hot water when the Central Heating is off, but we get warmish water when the central heating is on.

Usually there is a click from the boiler when the hot water tap is turned on, this is not happening now.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Cheers,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Ahh.. If only it came with a manual. It was installed before the previous owner of the house moved in and its gone missing.

I don't really know anything about boilers. I just want to get a bit more info to minimise getting ripped off by someone who should know!

Cheers, Mark

Sponsored Links
Me neither I have the same problem. Lol. I neeeeed a bath. Ive narrowed it down to the flow switch. If i pull the rod on the valve, i get flow to the secondary and thus hot water. However my rod isnt rising to switch the flow. I know where the diaphram is so I will replace that, but i dont know where the flow switch is. I note a black cylinder, about 30mm in diameter and and 300 long connected to a short manifold on the flow from the primary HE. I presume its this but would require confirming. Please. :D

I'm replacing the boiler next month, but if i dont get a bath, the fitter will think I'm a tramp. ;)

Just received it. Brilliant thanks.

I now know my pressure is too high!!!
So that needs sorting too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back