Wild swings in water pressure - Ariston Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston EuroCombi (SX 20 MFFICE) installed, and I am experiencing significant fluctuations in water pressure. I.e. swings of +3bar to 1 bar over several hours, sometimes resulting in water being dumped through the pressure release valve.

As an interim, I have re-pressurised the system each time. The radiators have been bled and have checked for possible leaks in the central heating system, but found none.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You have the same problem that I have - see "High Boiler Pressure" in the Plumbing section. The advice I was given was that it may be to do with the expansion vessel - either needs re-pressurising or is faulty in some way.

Thanks Ian,

It sounds quite plausible. I shall have to dig out the manual to see how I can re-charge the vessel, if at all. Presumably if I have a leaky valve in the pressure vessel, then it should be leaking water (out of the valve) as well?

Andy

Pressure vessel is knackered, depending on how long its been like this determines if you will get away with just pressurizing it!!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the sound advice Ian & GasMan. I’ve re-pressurised the expansion vessel, and put the boiler through a number of hot ‘n cold cycles – so far, so good!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back