Ariston EuroCombi cut-out switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's some sort of safety cut-out switch on the bottom of the boiler that keeps tripping. Every morning for the past week I've had to reset it before I could get any heat or hot water.

Anyone know why this is likely to be? And what I can do to solve it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Its an overheat thermostat.

The most likely cause is a blocked domestic heat exchanger if it only trips on hot water.

But it can be several other things as well.

Tony

Agile said:
Its an overheat thermostat.

The most likely cause is a blocked domestic heat exchanger if it only trips on hot water.

But it can be several other things as well.

Tony

As I said it seems to be in the middle of the night that it's happening? Heating was on last night and I had long shower while the heating was on and it didn't cut out yet when I get out of bed this morning the radiators are stone cold and this thermostat needs resetting.

So it seems to be tripping through the night for some reason although I realise that the central heating timer coming on first thing might make it trip then. If that's the case it's happening pretty quickly because there's no heat in the rads at all. Been no demand for hot water either because I'm still giving it big zzzzzzzzz's :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back