Ariston Eurocombi - Not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new flat, and the ariston eurocombi installed won't start itself up. Theres a start button on the bottom right, but when I press it I only get a short whirr, and nothing else.

The electric seems to be on as the clock timer is working, and there's enough pressure in there. I don't know how to check about the gas though.

Unsure what this could be or how to proceed. Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
R u positive the electrics r switched on ? The Eurocombi timer is battery backed up if i remember and "ticks" even without a supply hence may add confusion.

There is a reset button on this boiler, actually 2. Front panel has one that sticks out when its locked out, usually due to a lighting malfunction eg no gas.

2nd one (overheat stat) is located under boiler, near the front left side of the boiler.

Worth checking that first.

In fact now i think of it wasnt their a few versions of this boiler all totally different looking ? Hmmmm................ i may be thinking of the very first model.

There were about 11 different versions of the Eurocombi !

Its very difficult to suggest anything apart from the overheat stat which was often just under the front bottom of the unit.

I would assume the water pressure is correct.

If you are safe to open it then you can spin the pump ( see FAQ ).

If none of these work it may be time to get a competent boiler engineer.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back