Ariston Extratech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I feel my boiler is coming to then end of its useful life, and i have been looking into new beasts.

One of grumbling problems is secondary heat exchanger.

I feel my Ariston has been fairly trouble free. So was looking at getting another. One of their new proponents is there new style secondar heath exchanger, which seems to be a continious coil, wich is much wider and less likely to block than a plate hex.

I wondered if anyone had experience with this or if it is simply a gimmick.

thanks

Adrian

Sponsored Links
Got a link, AFAIK the latest Ariston range uses a conventional plate.

I’m struggling to find a really good image, but will try and post a link later.

Sponsored Links

Found a gloosy video which shows the 2nd hex wrapped around the main hex.

I think you're getting confused...

Most modern boiler configurations have...

A primary heat exchanger that transfers the heat from the gas burner to the primary boiler water.

And a secondary heat exchanger that transfers heat from the primary water to the secondary water...that's the domestic hot water.

That new Ariston has a primary heat exchanger with wider waterways...makes no difference to the secondary exchanger.

Have a look at the Intergas range of boilers.

Most modern boiler configurations have

I suspect he's referring to a combi boiler.

Or are you just winding him up, knowing that he is.

Well dogit, Intergas and it’s 4 working parts sounds like just the trick. Less parts less to go wrong, are they any good?

I'll be honest and say that I haven't used one yet, but having listened to those on here who install them, and having checked them out at a recent trade show, it'll be the one I use next.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back