Ariston Margherita 2000 rattling drum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine seems to have something small and hard or metallic, trapped between the perforated drum and the outer drum housing. It makes a right racket when the spin cycle starts, but I can hear it if I rotate the drum by hand. It's 'just there' if you know what I mean.

It's probably a coin or a bit of the wife's jewellery, though god knows how it got in there.

In all respects, the machine is working fine, it's just noisy, so I'm convinced it's a foreign body, not a bit of the machine.

Thing is, how do I get it out? Can I get to it via the seal, or is it a back off job?

Sponsored Links
If its something between the drum & tub don't use your machine until you get it out. If you're unlucky a coin (or something similar) can punch a hole clean through the tub, wipe out the heater element...or both. Several ways to get foreign objects out;....remove a drum paddle, take off the sump hose, or remove the heater element. Your choice...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back