Ariston micro genus 24 he odd hot water fault help please !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here we go see if any body can work this out for me please !

Central heating works all ok but ! no hot water !!
I have replaced the main pcb also the magnetic flow switch today the main flow block and a new flow switch again also descaled secondary heat exchanger.....but still no hot water !

Now here is the odd bit ! 3 wires to flow switch red power. white and pink signal to pcb to fire up if i bridge out white and pink "it" fires up and hot water ! also if i place an extra magnet on the flow switch "it" fires up
Please any one......why wont it work as it should....and yes i know its a ariston !

Sponsored Links
You have not explained clearly what you have done.

Either the Hall effect flow detector is upside down or more likely the moving magnetic shuttle is not moving.

If thats the problem usually opening and cleaning of invisible dirt will restore movement. Sometimes plastic casting bits need to be cut or filed off if they are impeding movement.

Tony

Thanks for the reply

the first problem i had was it "blew" the hall effect sensor for d/h/w...this was down to the main pcb which i changed along with the wiring to the flow switch and new sensor......still no hot water.......the main vlave block is also changed brand new form ariston which includes flow magnet and new hall effect sensor still not hot water.......but if i bridge out pink and white on flow switch hot water ! also if i "place a magnet on the flow switch hot water !.......i know its odd but alll the bits are brand new and no water !

Have you replumbed and reversed flow?

Force boiler to DHW with magnet and see which water pipe gets hot !

Tony

Sponsored Links
I dont know what to say ! when i get hold of the plumber who put this in i will drown him !!
Then he will know what flow and return is

soooooo many thanks for our help glad to know that there are "proper" heating engeris out the in the world
Once again thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back