Ariston Micro Genus 28HE Combi Boiler A01 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New boiler, just installed. Commissioned and worked fine for about 45 mins.

Then error code A01 is displayed. This means fails to ignite. The thing is that it is igniting. The boiler starts up, electronic ignition starts, boiler fires up. Electronic ignition stays on for seven seconds with boiler alight and then boiler gives the A01 error code and shuts down!

It seems like the boiler isn't recognising that the boiler has successfully fired up.

All electrical connections in the boiler seem fine.

Why is it doing this? Does it need a new PCB?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Frank. Not good is it really, brand new boiler already on the blink. Do you know if it's a common complaint?

Very common. Atleast you get a 2 year guantee.

Sponsored Links
yes its very common when the warrantee runs out get insurance for it, :cry: as unfortunately they do let you down not the best boiler out there.

Before calling them check the ignition/flame sensing lead is correctly fitted at each end!

Possibly also that the electrode is properly located!

Assuming you are CORGI then this would have been better in the Combustion Chamber !!!

Tony

Mine is just over 12 months old and has only just developed the fault. The installers came back and serviced it. Still faulty. They came back and changed the flame sensor diode. Still faulty. They came back and changed the PCB. Worked fine for 3 weeks. Now fault has reappeared. Interestingly, when they wanted to change the PCB they had trouble finding one - all the suppliers were sold out. They said it's a very common part to replace - too common, if you ask me, especially as it hasn't solved the problem.

Mr Whitehouse, if you think a little, you will realise that a lot of PCBs are sold because poor quality service people often change them when they dont really know whats wrong with the boiler.

The PCBs do sometimes fail though on your model but not that often.

In your case it seems that what I suggested above may be relevant to your case as well.

However I presume that you have a service contract and have to put uip with muppets who cannot diagnose faults. At least you are not directly paying for the incompetence of their contractors.

An independent cannot afford to just change parts if they are honest although some do charge customers for parts they fit which are not the cause of the fault. Thats not very fair!

Tony

The PCBs do sometimes fail though on your model but not that often.

Not true.

The A01 fault is extremley common. Most of the ones i find are 18-24 months old. I wonder if the new PCBS will last any longer.

Of recent Ariston boilers I have only ever changed just one PCB on any Microgenus and that was only two years ago.

Perhaps I was unlucky but thats been my experience!

Now Puma or Suprima pcbs, thats something else. Or vaillant diverters!

Also I have changed several PCBs on Worcesters recently two older and two the junior which might bode badly for their 2 yr+ reliability. Also more Worcester fans than I would have expected.

One Worcester HiFlo 400 just 3-4 years old was on its second fan which then failed after just 13 months! Not very encouraging.

Tony

Ariston service engineer came over yesterday and changed the PCB. Works fine now. Engineer said, it's very common, third PCB he'd changed that day with A01 fault.

Hi, Frank. i have an ariston microgenus he 24, just over 2 years old, in the 2 years i had AO1 Fault this went and was replaced with A77 which says there is a fault with:-
condensate trap full of water
condensate sensor short circuited
condensate sensor open circuit
this was happening every day for weeks, phoned ariston they sent someone and fixed it, i dont no what they fixed as i was not here, just after 2 year warrenty just run out it has happened again, condensate trap fills with water every day and A77 fault is on, reset after emptying water fixes it for the day, can you tell me what the problem is so as i know when i get someone to fix it again , many thanks, steve

Steve, its better to get someone competent to fix it rather than trying to get a forum guess and employing a nupty who is not capable of diagnosing the problem himself.

The condensate trap is only a water item and anyone competent can open it and clean it or do whatever is required as long as the instructions to refit are closely followed.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back