ARISTON MICROCOMBI 23 MFFI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help.

I've had a job that I went too where the PCB was burn't out on a ARISTON MICROCOMBI 23 MFFI and not working. It was burn't underneath at the capacitor.

I've fitted a new pcb board (part number: 65100248) but now after fitting it the power light on boiler will not come on until I disconnect the terminal CN202 on the pcb board,

Now i've done some investigating and when you disconnect the domestic HW flow switch it the boiler then works.

It looks like the domestic HW flow switch has 3 wiring connections so question is is it just that, that is FAULTY or is it another component that is causing the pcb mains-on light not to light.

Question is is this also what caused the pcb to burn in the first place?

Anyone familiar with ariston boilers??

Sponsored Links
I think you have to change the DHW flow switch when changing the pcb on these, something to do with the old style switch not being compatable with the new board. Give Ariston a call tomorrow to confirm if nobody else can on this forum. Tel 01494 755600

I think you have to change the DHW flow switch when changing the pcb on these, something to do with the old style switch not being compatable with the new board. Give Ariston a call tomorrow to confirm if nobody else can on this forum. Tel 01494 755600

Cheers for that mate, will do, nasty boilers these lol!

Also make sure the contacts to the switch are not shorting due to moisture or condensation within the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Also make sure the contacts to the switch are not shorting due to moisture or condensation within the boiler.

Thanks i've checked within the boiler, had every component disconnected/reconnected to try and determine the problem lol.

Within the boiler its clean and dry.

Hi the potentiameter for on off switch is in wrong position, you will need to turn it around to find correct position ie 180 degrees.

Hi the potentiameter for on off switch is in wrong position, you will need to turn it around to find correct position ie 180 degrees.

Thanks!

Is this on the new board mate? Would it stop the board from working when the above is connected?

The one/off is a push button on this boiler.

The board on light only comes on when I hae the flow switch disconnected.

Hi i'm talking about Micro Genus 23 MFFI which is the MK1 model, the on/off switch on these isn't a push switch are you talking about a different model?.

You have to be very careful with these boilers.

They are generally very similar but have different PCBs.

Some even work but the knob shafts dont line up!

Tony

You have to be very careful with these boilers.

They are generally very similar but have different PCBs.

Some even work but the knob shafts dont line up!

Tony

Aye the PCB was different, but got the part number from ariston themselves.

PCB 65100248, the pcb works when I disconnect the flow switch, I'm hoping zk's post is right in that it needs a new updated one, hopefully ariston will be able to tell me.

Well what a job I had sorting this one.

IT WAS indeed the DHW flow switch faulty but what a hassle getting a simple wee part, first the ariston technical guys gives me the wrong part number so in comes a DHW flow gauge, totally not what I wanted, then after another call and a further part number gets sent a low pressure switch, by this time i'm going nuts at them and eventually after trawling the internet I find the correct part number myself.

Finally after 4 days of swapping parts with parts center I get the right one!

Luckily the custard was happy to wait as the boiler worked when the thing was unplugged, and they wanted the heating on anyway, all that hassle for a poxy boiler!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back