Problem with DHW tempature - Ariston microcombi 23 MFFI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please! I have a Ariston Microcombi 23 mffi boiler, installed approx 3yrs ago, the central heating has never been a problem feeding 7 rads but can never get much tempature in the DHW side, it also goes from warm to cold to warm etc when running the tap. Have just had it serviced this week, a new flow switch fitted & flow valves adjusted but the problem is still there. Is it that the boiler is just not up to it? Is there a replacement boiler out there that could guarantee me a nice hot bath or would even provide water hot enough so the Mrs can wash the dishes without having to boil the kettle.

Sponsored Links
could be temp probe, water flow rate to low, blocked heat exchanger, has the problem always existed ?[/img]

thanks for prompt reply, the problem has always existed, recently found I had no hot water at all so had the flow switch replaced, the engineer left me a report with lots of figures of test readings that he assurred me were good, however the problem still exists. If there is sludge in the central heating system can this effect the DHW?

Sponsored Links
I think id take a second opinion from an engineer.
Even ask Ariston for a service call themselves, its not over priced and you'll get someone with the right kind of knowledge as im reluctant to beleive the flow switch needed replaced in the first place.
If its existed from the day it was fitted it wont be any system issues like sludge/blockages etc and although its quite a low output combi you have when you run a hot tap initially you'll get some hotwater through due to the comfort function, then for a short period of time the water may run cool but gradually pick up heat until it maintains a steady temperature. If its not doing that its defo a boiler fault which youve always had

Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back