Ariston microcombi 27mffi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my boiler has been running all winter without fault (apart from a pressure problem) but this morning it was off, water and heating. There seems to be no life in it. The green light on the left for the water is lit; green on the right for the heating is lit. In the centre of the two is the R button ( i am assuming that is the reset button) Just below that the red light is on and directly below that is the amber light which is also on. When i run the hot water you can hear it going through the boiler but the boiler is not doing anything at all. Please advise. Thanks in advance
Paul

Sponsored Links
What happens when you press the reset button?

It probably has a fault which continues to present and will probably need a boiler engineer to identify.

What is the pressure and when was that last increased?

Tony

Agile";p="1888118 said:
What happens when you press the reset button?

Hi Tony, the pressure is right at the end of the blue which is just over 1.5…. The pressure is just over 2 when running……Nothing happens when I press the reset button……From a tip on here about 6 to 8 weeks ago I increase the pressure in the pressure tank with a bicycle pump. Thanks again
Paul

Try isolating the power for a few seconds, I had an Ariston doing a similar thing a while ago (can't remember if it was the same model), there might be some air in it.

Sponsored Links
Try isolating the power for a few seconds, I had an Ariston doing a similar thing a while ago (can't remember if it was the same model), there might be some air in it.

By islolate do you mean turn power off? If so, that is what i have just done and i will put it back on now!
paul

By islolate do you mean turn power off? If so, that is what i have just done and i will put it back on now!
paul
Hi, just put the power back on and nothing happened, pressed the reset button and again nothing!

paul
Hi, just put the power back on and nothing happened, pressed the reset button and again nothing!

Hi again, Just dropped the panel and took the fuses out to check them. They were fine. I put them back in, plugged boiler back in. red light and amber light had gone out, i then pressed reset and low and behold every thing cracks back up into action. fingers crossed, i will see how i get on. Thank you for your suggestions Tony
Regards
Paul

sounds like the pcb's on the way out? will probably re-occur shortly im afraid

Ray

sounds like the pcb's on the way out? will probably re-occur shortly im afraid

Ray
Hi Ray, is that the board that the fuses are attached to? And can a diy man change it or does it need a professional fitter?
Thanks
Paul

Its quite fiddly on those boilers but if you could change a computer motherboard then you should be able to do it.

Knob orientation must be correct.

Those PCBs use plated through holes and the relays are somehow soldered to the top track and those joints often become intermittent. There is a common fault which I can make a temporary repair with a cocktail stick.

Tony

Its quite fiddly on those boilers but if you could change a computer motherboard then you should be able to do it.

Those PCBs use plated through holes and the relays are somehow soldered to the top track and those joints often become intermittent. There is a common fault which I can make a temporary repair with a cocktail stick.

Tony
Ok, i will have a look at it but i think i may be out of my depth.
Thanks for all the advice.
Paul

Tony
Paul
Hi all, i have fitted new pcb, evry thing light's up fine. When i press restart the boiler fires up, i let go of restart and the boiler goes for about five seconds and then knocks it self off????

Any advice would be really good.
Paul

Tony
Paul
Hi all, i have fitted new pcb, evry thing light's up fine. When i press restart the boiler fires up, i let go of restart and the boiler goes for about five seconds and then knocks it self off????

Paul
Soory All, i had dislodged a wire, every thing seams to be working fine now
Thank you for all your help
Paul:)

Tony
Paul
Hi all, i have fitted new pcb, every thing light's up fine. When i press restart the boiler fires up, i let go of restart and the boiler goes for about five seconds and then knocks it self off????

Paul
sorry All, i had dislodged a wire, every thing seams to be working fine now
Thank you for all your help
Paul:)
HELP, I AM GOING MAD. Fitted the pcb board. Now the boiler is switching it self on and off when hot water is running and also when central heating is running? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back