Ariston Microcombi filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Experts,

A friend has an Ariston Microcombi. (Not sure if it's a 23 or 27, but I guess the smaller one as it's a small flat, not what "edition" it is.) Apparently it has never had a filling loop since she has lived there. The connections seem to be simple push-on hose connections, with valves like radiator bleed valves. I've never seen a filling loop arrangement like this before. Do we just put a bit of hose pipe between the two connections and carefully open the valves? Or is it necessary to use a special hose with e.g. a non-return valve or something?

ninas_boiler.jpeg

Before I saw the photo, we googled and found the Ariston spare part number 990737, which looks like a very conventional metal-braided filling loop with 3/4" screw-on connectors. This obviously doesn't fit and my first thought was that the white plastic hose connectors were not original. For some reason, neither the connectors nor the loop itself are shown in the installation manual though I have since found an exploded view of the connection kit which suggests they are normal. I must have been confused by the "Micro Combi" vs. "Micro Genus" when googling and got the wrong filling loop...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back