Ariston Microcombi issue...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new to this website and after looking around I think I'll be here a lot more!

Firstly, I know there have been posts with similar symptoms as this but I think my fault may not have been discussed before. Apologies if it has.

Central heating works perfectly, fires up first time everytime and is hot. Water pressure is at 1.5bar. Gas flow to other appliaces is unchanged. Flue is open/free from debris. Hot water however is not working. With the boiler on standby (central heating not on and hot taps off) and then the hot tap turned on, the boiler fires up fine, I can see the ignition spark and the flame kick in. Water starts to come out hot. After about 30 seconds the flame goes out and I can hear a loud repetative clicking sound as if it's trying to fire back up again. After a few seconds more the orange gas LED lights up and it shuts down.

If I have the central heating on (which works fine) and then turn the hot tap on, after about 30 seconds the flame goes out and the clicking sound starts again and everything eventually shuts off same way as before.

I hope someone can provide some help for this please.

Thanks in advance

Akira

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back