Vaillant VCW 242EH GB. Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have VCW 242EH GB combi boiler and its stopped producing hot water. Im thick on this stuff so ill explain what its doing. It flames up when heating on but flame goes off when turning hot tap on, hot water lasts for 5 seconds then goes cold. I can hear a clicking sound when hot tap on then i turn the hot tap off boiler flames up again. If heating off and turn on hot tap it just has constant clicking sound. Please help....

Sponsored Links
So in a nutshell Lee , central heating working fine ,but you don't get hot water coming from hot tap when you turn hot tap on. Is that correct ? If so there is not much you can do but call In an engineer ,as there will be parts that need replacing in the boiler.regards terry.

Hi terry. Yes pretty much exactly that. Boiler just makes a clicking sound but doesnt fire up.
Was hoping just a quick fix but guessing not!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back