Ariston Microgenus 24 Clock Switch Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new flat and the boiler is an Ariston Microgenus.

Seems to be working ok from a heating and hot water point of view, problem is that the timer seems not to be working.

It's fitted with the mechanical clock that I think most of these boilers have, and on the clock there's a switch which allows you to select always off, timed or always on for the central heating.

Problem is that whatever position you choose (even the off position), when you turn the central heating temperature knob above zero, it stays on constantly. Clock itself seems to work ok and has kept the right time for a few days now.

My best guess is that there's something wrong with the selector switch. If anyone has any other suggestions as to what it might be or any advice on how to fix it that would be great - it's starting to get very expensive to wake up to a warm flat in the morning!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I am not sure what you expect to hear but its normal to replace a faulty clock with a new one!

Tony

Not that familiar with boilers and wanted to check it's likely to be the clock that needs replacing and not something else - have read lots online about the PCBs going on these boilers and wanted to make sure it was the clock before spending £50 on a new one and finding out it's something else!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back