Danfoss RX1 to Hive wiring conundrum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to switch Danfoss RX1 receiver for a Hive. RX1 connected through Ariston microGENUS HE 32 with mechanical time clock fitted on boiler. Wiring of RX1 backplate currently looks like this:
IMG_20180925_100819.jpg

So power supply to the receiver is coming through the boiler, but it seems strange that nothing is connected to 3(which is HEATING ON for both the RX1 and Hive single channel receiver). I didn't think the system would function without the HEATING ON connection. And should I disconnect the clock from the PCB or is setting it to OFF enough?
Very new to boiler wiring.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
That wouldnt have been working if it was wired like that, the 2 wires between 2 and 4 will go between 1 and 3 on the hive and set the time clock to constantly on and the hive will take control

Thanks for the reply, that makes much more sense to me - am I correct in assuming the hive requires COM, ON and OFF positions to work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back