Ariston microgenus he 24 flow switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm having a problem with my boiler only giving hot water at the kitchen tap but not in the main bathroom or en suit. The flow switch's hall effect sensor LED lights up when i turn the kitchen tap on but not when i use the bathroom taps. am i right in thinking the magnetic pin in the flow chamber isn't operating? how would i remove this to check? The CH seems to be working fine.
any idea's?

thanks
rob

Sponsored Links
Hi Rob 2810,

I have a similar problem with the same boiler, water to bath runs hot then cold ,hot,cold, it runs at 60to64 for a few minutes then the gas cuts off and it drops as low as 29 then instantly rises for a few minutes then drops again.
A few days ago i was speaking to a plumber and he said it was a common fault with ariston , then he went on to say he put a shirt button in his and it has worked allright for 2 years now , he said when the button wears out i will fit a new one.
I asked if he would do mine, he said i can do it to mine but if i did it to yours i will get in trouble.
I had no idea where he was putting this button until i read your comment on the magnetic flow switch , all i know is it is annoying.
So i will be watching to see if anyone answers your query.

Victor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back