Ariston Microgenus27 mffi cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I feel I must be one of the unluckiest people around, but I have moved house twice in the last seven years, and both times have inherited Ariston boilers.

I have been living in my current house for about four months, and the Ariston Microgenus27 has worked okay until the last few days. Now, it will fire up and produce hot water several times to taps / dishwasher etc, then for no apparent reason will cut out. When I check the error light is the one signifying an ignition error. It rests at about 1.5 bar and runs at about 2.4, steady.

Any idea what this is?

Thanks in advance.

On further inspection, the boiler heats until it the '70' led goes on, at which point the flames go off but it continues to make a noise (pump?) until the reset button is pressed.

Sponsored Links
Do you ever get your boilers serviced?

Yours clearly has an expansion vessel problem apart from the cutting out!

Tony

Yep, yearly in my previous house, although this didn't seem to stop bits dropping off it on a regular basis.

I'll book an engineer to service / check this, the previous house owner left no service log that I can find.

You may be able to deal with the expansion vessel yourself.

See the FAQ on this site!

Tony

Sponsored Links
you may or may not have an expansion vessel problem but even if you do it wont cause your boiler to cut out, if you are having to re-pressurise your boiler all the time it may be your expansion vessel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back