Ariston SX20 Euro Combi Hot Water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with DHW on Ariston SX20. It fires up as soon as hot tap is run then about 30 seconds later burner turns off then 10 to 15 seconds later fires up again. This continues on and off as long as hot water tap is open hence water never gets really hot just luke warm. Central heating runs fine with no problems. In DHW mode the diverter valve is working, pump running and the water pressure seems fine. Any clues to what is causing this?

Sponsored Links
May be a blocked secondary heat exchanger.

Thanks for your reply. Any way to "unblock" this or is there any test I could perform. I replaced the diverter valve with a new repair kit and noticed there was a reducing washer which went on the secondary heat exchanger inlet. This seemed a little bit smaller opening than the original - could this be a problem? Should I replace with a larger one.

Thanks for your reply. Any way to "unblock" this or is there any test I could perform. I replaced the diverter valve with a new repair kit and noticed there was a reducing washer which went on the secondary heat exchanger inlet. This seemed a little bit smaller opening than the original - could this be a problem? Should I replace with a larger one.

No is the simple answer.
Do you have limescale issue in your area

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back