Artificial Grass Moss Removal

Sponsored Links
This is artificial grass.
The moss has appealed over the winter weather.
Artificial grass is not supposed to be swept every day !!
I am most surprised at your reply.

Sponsored Links
Moss is slow growing , really got to neglect the garden to get it on a lawn .

Not all all. I'm meticulous over the care of my lawn but there are parts of it which do receive a lot of shade. Couple that with being in a valley where it gets damp in winter and moss appears very quickly, blending in very well. Normally I leave it as the birds take it for nesting material.

However -- on an artificial/plastic lawn, it would be easier to spot. It needs raking out and vacuuming up as already said, it will come back.

Not all all. I'm meticulous over the care of my lawn but there are parts of it which do receive a lot of shade. Couple that with being in a valley where it gets damp in winter and moss appears very quickly, blending in very well. Normally I leave it as the birds take it for nesting material.

However -- on an artificial/plastic lawn, it would be easier to spot. It needs raking out and vacuuming up as already said, it will come back.
Had 50square meters of faux grass most under dense shrubs or in tree shade . No moss at all, mrs swept every week and removed all debris and leaves.

Bit warmer and fresher on the Essex coast though.

Lawns in many areas of the country suffer from Winter die back, which of course offers a home for moss as we get. If it's a fake lawn, I imagine the dampness and shade is enough for it to grow there, too -- all depends where you are.

Had 50square meters of faux grass most under dense shrubs or in tree shade . No moss at all, mrs swept every week and removed all debris and leaves.
If she can hoover it y'all can get the dirt out, an' all.(y)

If she can hoover it y'all can get the dirt out, an' all.(y)

I occasionally vacuum my fake grass. I use the (stupidly expensive- £100+) reusable bag on my Festool Midi. To be honest, it is the only time I use that bag

For moss, I use a pressure washer after first raking it out with a plastic leaf rake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back